Check out this explainer video about Popcorn Ceiling Removal, don’t worry it’s super short!
While popcorn ceilings used to be an on-trend feature in homes a couple of decades ago, today’s homeowners prefer the clean, sleek look of a sanded ceiling. This means that more customers are looking for assistance with the removal of their popcorn ceilings, to breathe new life into their indoor space. At Court Hampton Painting, we are happy to help our customers across Etobicoke and Toronto achieve a modern, smooth ceiling finish.
Why should you consider removing your popcorn ceiling?
As well as opting for a more stylish popcorn ceiling aesthetic, there are other great benefits to smoothing out your popcorn ceiling:
The popcorn removal process can be messy and time consuming, which is why it is important to consult skilled exerts who can help minimize the stress of the process, in the most cost-effective way.
As one of the top interior painting contractors in the Toronto area, the Court Hampton Painting team adhere by a strict set of standards to ensure the safety and well being of our customers and their homes. We are vigilant in protecting your property from dust and damage in the popcorn removal and/or ceiling painting process, and use the most efficient and effective methods to get the job done well, within your budget. Contact us for a free quote on popcorn ceiling removal cost today.
Popcorn Ceiling Removal with Court Hampton Painting
As experienced, skilled experts, our team has learned a thing or two about removing popcorn ceilings in the cleanest, most efficient way possible. Using the latest tools, we can provide our customers with a virtually dustless removal process.
Our secret? Our team uses the Festool Planex coupled with the Festool 36ac dust extractor to sand off the popcorn, while simultaneously collecting roughly 95% of the dust in the extractor attachment. To minimize the mess from any residual dust, we ensure each room is fully covered with plastic. This also makes for easy clean-up following the popcorn removal service.
While some companies or home DIYers choose to lightly mist the surface of the popcorn prior to removal by hand scraping the ceiling, in our experience, this method is slow, can gouge the ceiling and results in an even messier clean-up job. At Court Hampton Painting, the expertise of our teams and our fine-tuned process, makes for the quickest, cleanest, and most affordable popcorn ceiling removal in Etobicoke, guaranteed!
We are fully insured with liability and WSIB coverage.
Our Process to Remove Popcorn Ceiling
- We take the time to remove as much furniture from the room as possible, then cover all surfaces in 3M Advanced plastic wrap. The wrap is securely taped to your walls with high quality painters’ tape which will not damage walls to ensure that no surface is left exposed.
- Scraping and sanding begins using the Festool Planex. The integrated dust extractor sucks up all dust as we are sanding, helping to minimize cleanup and airborne dust.
- Once any patches are repaired and sanded, the ceiling is primed and painted. Click here to read more about our interior painting process.
- Plastic sheeting is removed, and furniture is returned to the finished space.
Benefits of Dustless Popcorn Ceiling Removal
- Protect the Health of your Family Many homes built before 1979 can contain asbestos in their popcorn ceiling, which can be toxic to inhale. Our team will test your ceiling prior to removal, however whatever the result, every precaution is taken to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. Our dustless process significantly minimizes airborne dust within your space, helping to safeguard the heath of you and your family.
- Consistent Results Our powerful Festool sanding tools are flexible and easily maneuverable, allowing our team to create a consistently smooth ceiling surface in less time than with a manual hand scraper.
- Easy, fast clean-up! With 95% less dust than traditional removal methods, our process and clean-up is quick and easy, so you can get back to enjoying your home faster.
Ready for a more modern and clean ceiling? Leave the popcorn ceiling removal to a team of experienced professionals you can trust. Contact Court Hampton Painting for a free estimate for popcorn ceiling removal in Etobicoke and the Toronto area.